Who can use AidHound?
Basic rules you must follow when using AidHound.
What you can share and do on AidHound.
There are certain things you cannot do.
Limits on using our intellectual property.
AidHound's rights in the website and service.
Read about specific rules using AdiHound.
1. Who can use AidHound?
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own).
- Not share your password, give access to your AidHound account to others or transfer your account to anyone else without our and your organization(s) permission(s).
You cannot use AidHound if:
- You are under 16 years old.
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We've previously disabled your account for breaches of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
3. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products or Service (for example, images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide, which you add to content you create or share on AidHound), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source licence) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Updating our TermsWe work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products / Service better for you, our community and the social sector. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, by email or through our Products) at least 30 days before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products. We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the AidHound community, you can delete your account at any time.
Account suspension or terminationWe want AidHound to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas. If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it. If you think we have disabled your account by mistake, please contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us.
Limits on liabilityWe will use reasonable skill and care in providing our Products / Service to you and in keeping a safe, secure and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee that our Products / Service will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. Provided that we have acted with reasonable skill and care, we do not accept responsibility for: losses not caused by our breach of these Terms or otherwise by our acts; losses that are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms; any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content posted by others that you may encounter on our Products / Service; and events beyond our reasonable control. The above does not exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence. It also does not exclude or limit our liability for any other things where the law does not permit us to do so.
DisputesWe try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it's useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply. You agree that the claim must be resolved in a competent court in Portugal and that Portuguese and the EU law will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and I AM CONSULTORIA LDA. regarding your use of our Products / Service “AidHound”. They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the Products / Services we offer may also governed by supplemental Terms. If you use any of these Products / Services, you will be provided with an opportunity to agree to supplemental Terms that will become part of our agreement with you. To the extent that any supplemental Terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental Terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- You may designate a person (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it is memorialised. Only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing clear consent to disclose your content upon death or incapacity will be able to seek disclosure from your account after it is memorialised.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Date of last revision: 14 August 2018